Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Midwife

...in action! Monday evening Jenn was working a swing shift and I got to go in and observe. I didn't think I was going to get to since I had just had a wisdom tooth pulled and a root canal done, but I was feeling pretty good. Jenn called to tell me that a woman in labor had just walked in and I could come to observe if I wanted to. The woman was having her 6th baby and her previous ones had come very fast! The last one coming only 15 minutes after getting to the clinic. This one wasn't quite as fast since the baby was in a little bit more difficult position, but still relatively quick. She was the sweetest lady and sang worship songs through her contractions! It was so fun to see Jenn in her element and doing what she loves to do...deliver babies! A beautiful baby boy arrived safely into this world!

Jenn has been studying for her semester exam that she is taking today. Hard to believe a semester in midwifery is under her belt already! She is enjoying what she is doing and learning so much.

No comments: