Saturday, November 8, 2008

Another year...

...older! Today I celebrated my 35th birthday...goodness when did I get that old?!? I'm not saying I'm old, but I still think of myself as a 20 something, but then I look at my teenage kids and I am quickly reminded that several years have passed since then. Tonight as I was celebrating with family and friends I was remembering when my mom turned 35...I must have thrown a party for her or something because I seem to remember it quite well. Since I can remember when my mom turned 35, how could I be that age now?? Amazing how time flies and it can seem like only yesterday when we were that young.

I enjoyed my rather quiet day of not doing much. The kids spent a better half of the day outside playing in their fort and ice skating. They all look forward to Saturday so much when they can sleep in and after the house gets a thorough cleaning, they can play outside to their hearts content. With so many hands the house work is light and we can manage to get the house cleaned from top to bottom in a couple hours, then everyone has the rest of the day to do as they please. Five of the six kids are most interested in spending the time outdoors...they love the great outdoors and the freedom that comes with that. Steve, Ann Marie, and I usually find something to busy ourselves with inside, whether it be sewing, knitting, catching up on emails or bills, or baking. But no one is in any hurry and we just get to enjoy the day.

I couldn't think of a better day than a not-busy Saturday to celebrate my birthday!

No comments: