Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Church,unpacking and getting sick...

Well, let's see what have we been up to the last several days...on Sunday Joe braved the roads and drove us all to church. Jon and Rhoda left Sunday morning so that left it up to us to figure it all out. Joe and Jenn purchased a van from Jon and Rhoda so they have always got wheels, just gotta figure out the road system here. Actually it isn't too bad, Davao is not a huge city and the driving isn't crazy like I remember it in Manila! We went to a church called All Nations, and there are certainly lots of different nationalities of people there. After church we stopped at McDonalds for lunch, oh the comforts of home, and then drove by the Mercy Maternity Clinic where Jenn will be working.

Monday was a full day of unpacking, organizing, and putting everything away. We managed to get it all done with lots of hands helping. Their helper Neney is a great organizer so we got the house put together quickly! Then last night we went to dinner at the midwifery students house. They fixed us a yummy dinner of spaghetti, salad, and french bread. It was fun to see some of students that Jenn will be going to school with, although most of her class is not here yet. She doesn't begin classes until September.

So after our hard day of work I think we completely wore ourselves out, because I woke up in the night with a fever and a raging headache. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, and after a shower and a little breakfast I went back to bed! I managed to sleep the morning away and woke up feeling slightly better. My head is still throbbing and I still have a fever, but at least I can drag myself out of bed! Joe is also sick with the same thing and he also spent the morning in bed. Please pray that we get over this flu bug quickly and that no one else gets it. I really want to enjoy the rest of my time here and not be laying in bed!!

No comments: