Tuesday, September 16, 2008

School started...

...over two weeks ago for us! The weeks sure do fly by when our heads are in the books! It sure is a great way to pass the time when the rain just keeps pouring and pouring.

This year all six kids are in school, so....that means I am teaching six different grade levels! Oh my, my days are busy and full! Ann Marie is in 9th grade, Ethan in 7th, Tyler in 4th, Kailee in 2nd, Alyssum in 1st, and Adams is in Kindergarten. Our days are full of multiplying, adding, learning numbers, grammar, phonics, learning letters, spelling, Bible memorization, World History, Zoology 1, General Science, Literature from K to high school, and on and on it goes... I love all the learning and I seem to learn so much every day too!

Adams being in Kindergarten is of course learning his letters and so we are learning a letter a week. Last week he learned the letter Ii and we made Indian headbands on the first day. Kailee and Alyssum enjoy making whatever he is making and then they all have grand adventures together.

I am sure our year will be full of many adventures as we read and discover through the pages of many books!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure enjoy reading your blogs. I hadn't read for awhile, and it seems you have really had a busy summer.
Have a great school year. I know the teacher learns about as much as the students.
God bless,

Arlene

Steve and Stacey Veldstra said...

Thanks Arlene, for reading my blog. We have had a busy, but fun summer! Now we are headed into a busy, but learning filled winter. Stacey